- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information: When you create a Coast & Port account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, zip code, physical address, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process, such as phone number, or birth date. We may publicly display the first name or screen name that you provide, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the account creation process, as part of your account profile. We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience.
- Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews, tips and edits to business listing page information.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Coast & Port. You cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Coast & Port. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages, and share that information with other parties to your messages (for example, to let them know if you have viewed their message). We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Coast & Port, or use a phone number associated now or previously with such a business, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- Activity: We store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view and the date and time of your visits. We also store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the settings for our applications in iOS or Android privacy settings.
- Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or personal computer) and different platforms (e.g., the Coast & Port website or Coast & Port mobile apps). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one Coast & Port platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other Coast & Port platforms.
- Professional Information: If you represent a business on Coast & Port, we may collect and display information about you related to your business activities, such as a business name that may incorporate your name, or a publicly available business address that is also used as a home address.
- You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking.
- THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We rely on third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as food delivery services, communications and hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Service, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing, and other functions. We share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on Coast & Port and content distributors.
- Businesses on Coast & Port: We may share information from or about you, your device type, and your use of the Service with businesses on Coast & Port.
- Links: The Service may link to third party-controlled websites, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Third Party Integrations: If you sign up for, or log into, Coast & Port using a third party service like Facebook or Google, or link your Coast & Port account to your account with a third party service like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Service, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.